Google find my device is pre-installed on every android devices by google. You can use this method to track/locate your device anytime,anywhere you want. This is a very useful trick that most of people don't know. You are able to access this by either installing an android app to any of your device and sign in to the same google account which is used by the device you want to locate or use a browser on your pc to sign into your google account.
But before doing this you must be sure that
- Your device has an active internet connection and must be sign in to google
- Google Location services must be turned on.
- Remotely locate this device and Allow remote lock and erase and must be turned on under the device settings.
After doing this just follow this steps
- After getting a screen like this just select the device you want to locate.
- Now you maybe asked to re-login to your account
- Now click on the locate button.
- That's it your device is located within seconds. You can zoom in this map and view its exact position.
- By using find my device you are able to lock your device remotely anytime anywhere. You can add a message to your lock screen.
- Lol you can also erase your whole device using find my device so that anyone accessing it cannot access your private data.
Hope you find this trick useful
Category: How To